^ Need help understanding my blog? Click on the page above for an explanation.

♥ A combination of vigorous musicians and ignorant ladies bound together to bring forth an adventerous story based on imagination. ♥


Nov 8, 2012

Breakfast for Dinner

So this is my first draft since June. I know that it doesn't live up to your standards of what I can do, but I haven't written anything for several months so bare with me! Also, this is the first glimpse you see of the new character, Ren. I'm working on a new blog so understand that this is part of the new plot.


Fred looked over at Kayla for the first time since pulling out of the driveway. In a quick glance, he noticed that she was eating something out of a plastic bag.

"Where'd you get hot Cheetos?" Fred asked, reaching his arm over the center console.

Kayla swatted his hand away and hugged the bag against her chest. "I grabbed them from the house. I'm starving."

Fred shook his head and focused back on the road.

"Where were you last night?" he asked, speeding up to switch lanes.

"I was at home. Where were you?" She popped another Cheeto into her mouth.

"Why didn't you come to Jizzy's?"

Kayla licked the red powder from her fingers and looked over at Fred. "Jizzy's? Who went to Jizzy's? I wasn't invited. I spent last night on the couch, watching Back to the Future."

Fred shrugged his shoulders. "Everyone was there. Ren came, too."

"Ren?" Kayla leaned back in her seat. How could they have invited Ren and not her? Where was Tom? Was he there, too? God, Kayla thought, how bogus!

"Yeah, it was... weird."

"What do you mean?"

"Well," Fred reached his arm over again and grabbed a handful of Cheetos from the bag. "Ren was literally on top of Eric the entire night. He didn't push her away, either, like he usually does. It was weird... It was almost like they were flirting."

"Eric can flirt?"

Fred laughed. "That's why it was so weird to me."

Kayla nodded her head and turned in her seat to watch the surrounding buildings pass in a blur. She knew that Jizzy didn't necessarily like her as much as Ren, but she couldn't imagine Tom going there and not telling her about it. Did he even go? She was too scared to ask.

Fred pulled up along a curb and got out. He walked around the front of the car to Kayla's door and tapped on the window. She lifted her head from the window and rolled it down.

"I'll just be a second, okay? I need cigarettes." he said.

"Yeah," she said, and watched as he jogged across the street to the drug store.

No comments:

Post a Comment